Happy New Year !
A very happy New Year to all my readers out there and a blessed and wonderful 2014 ahead! This year, I decided to commemorate New Year’s by writing out my resolutions. I’m not one to make New Year Resolutions, mainly because I come up with lots of them throughout the year in the 1st place! (Whether they are fulfilled or not is another story!) But this year is slightly different because I have had a lot of thoughts and ideas in the last few weeks, so I thought I might as well pen them down.
- Exercise more — Ever since I terminated my gym membership early last year, I haven’t been doing much/any exercise. I used to think that having a gym membership was a waste of money because I would only visit once or twice a week. There were even months that went by without a single visit. But the thing is, without the gym membership, I exercised even less! I’m really considering going to the gym again. Also, In the last few weeks, I have been mindful to get more activity into my lifestyle and I’m glad to report back that I’ve visited 3 parks in December, one of which was Bukit Timah Nature Reserve where I scaled the 168m high Bukit Timah Hill. Climbing a hill is the fastest way to lose weight, without doing high impact activities such as running (that are bad for the joints in the long run)
- Eat more greens, raw food and home cooked food — I don’t think my current diet is bad, so I won’t say ”eat healthier”. But what I can definitely improve on is to eat more raw and totally unprocessed food. Unfortunately, these are the types of food that cost the most, if you are eating out! Eating cai fan at the hawker centre costs only $3.50 or so. But eating a salad outside will set you back close to $10.
- Resume baking — This kinda sounds contradictory to the above resolution but it’s not. There is a joy in making things from scratch and seeing the efforts result in delicious and pretty products. And let’s face it, I’m not going to swear off cakes and pastries, but I can definitely control what goes in to them. No artificial chemical improvers and trans fat crap, that’s for sure.
- Travel more — I think I did pretty good last year. 1 week in Taiwan, 2 weeks in France for our honeymoon and 1.5 weeks in Korea. I really want to visit Melbourne again. But I also want to do some short trips as well to neighbouring countries. I’ve been to many far flung countries, but seen precious few places in Asia, or South-East Asia to be specific. The only 2 beach resort getaways I have done is Phuket and Bintan! And Bintan doesn’t even require a plane to get to. On my list of must see travel places in Asia for 2014 are Penang, Malacca, Cameron Highlands and Vietnam plus one beach resort getaway. And if I could end off 2014 with a White Christmas, that would really be the icing on the cake.
- Do more new things — I wanna look back at 2014 and see that I’ve made many new memories. Maybe learn a new skill, take more cooking classes, visit Singapore’s numerous parks etc. If you see me writing more posts that are non food related, you’ll know that I’ve been keeping to my resolution. I don’t intend to eat less though. I just plan to do more!